Read or listen to all the sections of ‘The way in which globalisation and internationalism have affected key global issues.’ You will find the recording on the K Drive. StudentShare, International Studies folder.
After you have read it, and working in pairs, complete the following:
- Choose one area to focus on
(regroup as class and see who is doing what – we have to make sure there is an even spread)
- Read the activities associated with that section and complete them
- Find three current articles from different newspapers about your chosen area
- Prepare a presentation of your issue as a news report either with iMovie or Xtranormal
- You new report should focus on how globalisation and/or internationalism has impacted on the issue you have chosen, using recent examples.
You have three classes o finish this – we will watch all presentations in next Tuesday’s class. We need to make sure that all topics are covered, so it is important that you do complete your work.
Meanwhile, I will be catching up with you all individually about outstanding work as well as interviewing you about the misunderstandings of the WTO and the criticisms leveled at the IMF, World Bank, and WTO (the group work we did last week but didn’t discuss cause I wasn’t here).
Also, I will be creating 3 Vox Pops on the United Nations – I will ask various people a different question each day about the UN. Choose which day you will be asked:
TUESDAY: What is Internationalism and how is the UN attempting to uphold this idea?
THURSDAY: Why is the UN said to be in need of reform and what reforms have been suggested?
MONDAY: What does the UN do to promote peace? Do you think these things have been effective?
You also need to answer the ‘Review and Revise Questions’ that can be found on StudyWiz. Hand these in to me via email or StudyWi by Thursday.
Image is: ‘”2008″ Brussels Remembers 1958’